Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dinner with the Coworkers

English and Korean names: 김경희 Kim Kyeonghee, 백합 Susan (Me), 박소현 Park Sohyun
After attending Naeyoung Elementary's open class, we had an early dinner together of 딹갈비Ttak Galbi. ooh, my spelling is getting better. They always try to teach me Korean, but I'm bad at doing my homework.
Lately I've been taking joy in the simple things I come by in life.
Like dinner with friends; a night of pizza and Wii; a good beer; or a decent run. I love when I have a whole day filled with successful class sessions. I'm trying my best to smile and notice things, and not take my life too seriously. When I look at my priorities in the classroom, I realize what I want for my students is that they remember elentary school English as soooo much fun! and have a base knowledge that turns to a desire to know more, to be capable of communication.
Today, I was THRILLED to find out that the security guy in front of my school speaks fluent Spanish, and studied in Spain for a while. Although My Korean stinks, and his English is just okay, we can talk together in Spanish quite well. After lunch, our conversation nearly made me late for 5th period! ooops.

No comments:

Post a Comment