Monday, May 30, 2011

Adiós, España! and your wierd keyboards i cant understand, and your tapas, and walled cities by the sea, and Spanish... and...see you again..I hope!

Hello My friends and family!

I am currently atthe Gibraltar airport awaiting my flight to London. I will arrive at Jaime´s house tonight, then early Monday morning, we get up and go to Dublin. Yay! Ireland! land of the redheads and good hearty beers!

Spain has been...unexpected... my experiences here, I mean.
I´m not sure exactly what I expected. I try to not have expectations when i travel...to just ''go with it''... and thats what i did. I met a new friend in Sevilla--Amber--from New Zeland. We rented a car, and it turned out to be quite cheap for the two of us to split the cost and explore the coast. Unfortunately, we never made it to Granada, for which i am sad. I think mostly i´m happy how things went, but I feel like I missed out on some things and the way i would have done them had I stayed on my own.

On Sunday-Monday, we visited Cadiz,

On Monday night, we ended up in Tarifa, and the very south of Spain. We met a Spanish guy with a westie puppy called John, Amber ended up hitting it off with him. So instead of one night in Tarifa, we spent five. Hey, great for me, a new friend and a puppy to play with, but I was getting antsy and starting to feel quite lonesome for home, and for Korea, and whatnot. Spanish folks stay out late. they get started so late, and i found myself dragging my heels into bars and dancing till the wee hours of the morning.

Wednesday, we went to AFRICA! and oh wow I want to see more of Morocco-what a different, interesting place. I will write more later, but i´m on a pay computer and theres not enough time to explain Tangier just yet. I will just say this: have YOU ever x'rayed a turtle. because Amber and I did...twice...

I´d intended to come up to Gibraltar last night, to have some time to explore--the hiking here looks AMAZING! and this is where the Medditerenean and Pacific ocean meet, at the Straight of Gibraltar. But, alas! Yesterday I became very ill. Fever, chills, headache and whatnot. I must have had the flu. last night was terribly awful, and I worried that maybe i would miss my plane, if i was not better, then what?? but early this morning, my fever broke, and still I am not 100%, but I am getting better. So Gibraltar, what a strange little rock. English...but at the verry south of Spain. and it´s a strange mixture of cultures and bilinguals ands fish, and chips.

but like i said, i wanted to check in but theres really not a lot of time, and no way to post pictures just yet. I will write again soon. Now, I will write my postcards, enjoy my last fanta limón, and await my departing plane.

btw..Gibraltar airport looks like a teeny tiny bus station. We missed it the first time and almost drove back into Spain! It is the fastest I have EVER processed through a flight.

Goodbye, All. I will write and post pics again, soon
Love, Sus

No comments:

Post a Comment