Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Crazy-Crazy --never lazy--gym week

My week has begun with a fist-pump-worthy start! 
on Sunday, I ran for a total of 46 mins. 
10 min warm up at 7.5speed, and then 
what turned out to be a 22 min (2 xtra for good measure) endurance run at 8~9speed
It's easier on my knees and ankles when I run faster; I notice the pattern in which my feet hit the ground change once I get to 8km/hr, and the pressure on my left ankle find a new stamina again. 

Monday: I am DETERMINED I will get in 2 spin classes this week! and Monday was the first push. I am not a fan of Woodi the spin teacher though! I can tell he feels uneasy not being able to communicate with me, and it makes me feel self-conscious and clunky. On the other hand, knowing I'm being more closely watched and expected to fail makes me feel especially vindictive, and it forces my will to push harder. I was bathed in my own sweat at the end of class. My hair was dripping...sopping...I felt as if I had a fever. 

At 915 I exited the spin class and went immediately to the front counter to sign up for "healing yoga" at 10pm. 
With 45 mins between, I got of my anchor and did some sit-ups,  weight exercises, and picked up those tricep exercises I skipped  on Sunday. 20 mins of Sauna and a pants-change (stretchy pants!) later, and I am contorting myself into all sorts of shapes. 
Ra-ni, the yoga teacher, is not my favorite teacher. I am not sure her motivations in her classes, but she seems to accept me into the classes with a level of indifference to my foreignness, simply allowing me to follow along to her korean instruction, and coming over and adjusting me if I get it terribly wrong. I hear her mention Haw-ri and On-deong-i a lot (hips and butt). Next time I'm in her class I'm going to count how many times I hear butt. The word sounds eerily like a popular Korean street food, or like if Odang and bundaeggi (fishcake and silkworms) merged and turned into a supercouple superfood, that would be their name. Consequently, it would also maybe cause a lot of irritation to the original definition on the on-deongi--the  booty. 

anyway...

Yoga always reminds me why I'm working out like this. 
My body feels stronger, but I still feel broken. 
I am working to heal my body. and it is painful. 
But I want to be STRONG. 
I want to be FIT. 
I want to feel great. 
My kneecaps feel foreign inside my legs
My hips feel wrong. 
Pain in my left hip restricts movement, and with each leg lift/curl, a loud TICK! pop! call it that you want, the sound of bone on bone... it feels awkward--not painful--but awkward, and sounds audible enough that I wonder if everyone in the class can hear my defections. 
I'm still going. I am feeling progresses, and even more determined that I'm going to have to go see a doctor on the weekend. bummer! 
Let the Crazy crazy never lazy week at the gym continue! 
Here we go, Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment