Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What are your thoughts on this Quote?

"I realized that abiding by his rules would cost me little, but to him, it would mean a lot. I recognized that sometimes he really did have a point, and in that insisting on getting my own way all the time without regard to his feelings or needs, I was in some way diminishing myself.

"...In one form or another, it is what we all must go through in order to grow up."

I don't care if you know or in what context it was stated; Whether ficton or non, doesn't matter. I'd like to know your thoughts on the subject, how it applies to you, and what is the author speaking to or about. Is it inspiring or just a dull statement? I don't care how you respond--story, poem, essay...one word or sentence...streaming expletives-- I'd just love it if you responded!

I know where this quote comes from and who said it. Later this week I will also post a response and tell you where I found this statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment