Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Langkawi; tropical island paradise; Two girls named Stephanie

I don't even know where to begin here.
Landing in Langkawi and arriving at my hotel, I realize that I am on a real, honest-to goodness vacation. this spot has everything a good vacation needs:

-beach
-sun
-sand
-fancy cocktails
-palm trees
-no expectations
-
-
-
And then There were the extras:
-motorcycling
-parasailing
-cable car
-crazy monkeys
-friendly jungle cops
-lofty mountain swimming ponds
-friendly people
-great food
-good massages


Oh, and don't forget the two girls called Stephanie.

They also were traveling alone.

We banded together and explored the sights. Stephanie and I got attacked by a monkey on day one, and day two, Stephanie, Stephanie and I went to the beach and parasailed. Well, Stephanie and I did...Stephanie decided to ride over to the island and watch and take pictures.
We waded around in the water, watched other parasailers, and chatted about really nothing at all. On arriving back at Cenang Pantai; we found beach chairs and our books and took each time playing in the water, sleeping in the shade, reading, writing, and chatting.

That's really all I did in Langkawi. No major life lessons. other than...beware of foreign drivers and remember to remind yourself what side of the road you're supposed to be driving on...

oh yeah, and Monkeys are cute but they are crazy. don't look it in the eye! don't touch! don't run...and most importantly, Don't call it any bad names!

No comments:

Post a Comment