Friday, November 13, 2009

This is What I'm Asking For

You can't expect to get something if you don't ask for it.
If you want something, you should ask, and your chances of getting that improve.
I'm not a terribly high maintenance person.
I don't demand things from the people I love, and I do things when I can to remind you how I feel about you.

I'd like to think I'm an thoughtful-type person. I write letters, send mail, gifts, and try to let you know I'm thinking of you.

HOWEVER, I can only write for so long without getting a reply before I begin to feel my efforts are utterly useless.
I am very lucky to have a wonderful penpal. Casandra, each of your letters brings me joy, and although geographically we are so far apart, hearing from you via snail mail makes me feel close to you still :) thank you. Even Crystal, who is super-busy with a little baby and feeling unwell manages to send out a card from time to time. Thank you, Crystal. And thanks to Olivia for painting me pictures for my refrigerator.

It doesn't take a lot of material effort to make me happy. a piece of paper, a stamp, perhaps a trip to the post office to send it off. What it takes is the sentiment. whether it's a few second to write your name, or a few pages of your thoughts. I couldn't care less.

But please don't promise me you're going to send something if you don't think you'll get around to it. It's been two years that I've lived here. Many of the people I love most in the world live very far away from me, and the longer I am away from you, the harder it feels to connect sometimes.

I miss you!

I have sent out my address a million ba-ZILLION times to you. Via email, text, or scraps of paper.

I'm asking you to write to me.

If you can't manage that, shoot me an email from time to time. (Thanks a bunch, Sandy, I love getting your emails & pics)
But really, send me a letter.
I'm not wasting my sentiment to send you a xmas card, if you can't give me the same respect.
Here's your chance. My address is on the envelope. your move.

No comments:

Post a Comment