Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dobongsan; Seoul

January 24, 2010
Sunday
Dobong (San) Mountain
it is cold. the wind is strong at the peak. mountains are dusted with snow and the stone steps on the path are slick with a heavy slab of ice. The sun is high and bright and the sky is blue.
I'm in a funky mood and the mountain is busy. I am ascending to the peak with my good friend, Joowon, and she is focused on her pace and solitude of the mountain. So I am often mistaken as a lone foreign hiker who must obviously need help and encouragement to get up the mountain, because no one realizes Joowon is with me, ten million times more people than usual stop to talk. I spend the second half of my ascent and all of my descent with my earphones in my ears. Jack Johnson, the Grateful Dead,Springsteen and Brittany set the tone for the scenes ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment