Monday, September 21, 2009

Hiking with SHiTY: Bukhansan

Sunday Hikers into Trekking Yet (again) hiked up to the fortress wall of Bukhansan (translation: South-Korean-Mountain). It's a really intense hike that's right on the subway line in Seoul. Just up in the NorthEast end of everything. It's straight uphill with lots of steps, and it was plenty sunny out--no worries, Mom, I wore my sunblock (actually it was Kim Bo Hyun's, but whatever)--so we sweated a lot. My whole back was all sweaty! the group was a mix of a few familiar faces and lots of new folks to meet. Mia, who I met through the venerable Rob Cherry, was leading this SHiTY hike, and she was hardcore. rest, move, let's go. The thing about Korea and hiking, is that it is HARD. always it's a challenge--although it's nothing in elevation compared to hiking in Montana--and when you reach the top, the scenery is magnificent..AMAZING...so worth it; it's like you remember what all the work was about.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! My God, Susan, sooooo beautiful!!! I see what you mean about the hard work being worth it (I think, anyway). Thank you for sharing! ~Nasreen

    ReplyDelete