Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July (and probably August) book challenge

Below are some of the books I'm reading this summer for my book challenge.
and below THAT are the stipulations of the challenge. it's supposed to be 10 books in July, but i'm going to make it July & August becasue, let's face it, I read slow.
I've always wanted to read a wrinkle in time, Sookie Stackhouse is my guilty pleasure, Matt Recommended the Murakami book, and I am so intrigued by Never Let Me Go; it's so exactly my kind of fantasy book--oddly normal but so twisted. I've read the first ten pages and am so excited to see what's going to happen next. I think I have quite the variety of styles and voices, and I'll fill you in as I work my way through the challenge.
Here's to a great summer, everyone!
Happy reading!
Love, Sus















Of Time:1. Read a book that is set in the past (historical).

2. Read a book that is set in the present (contemporary)

.3. Read a book that is set in the future (futuristic).

4. Read a book that involves time-travel.5. Read a book that was popular on the year that you were born.Official sources for #5:http://www.goodreads.com/book/popular_by_date/http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/most-popular/Of place

6. Read a book that is set in a major city (urban)

7. Read a book that is set in a rural setting, small town or country.

8. Read a book that is set in space or off-planet.

9. Read a book that happens in a place that is completely created by the author's imagination or a place that cannot be found in a current world map. (fantasy).10. Read a book set in the city, state or country you currently lived in, or a place, city, state or country you have visited.

2 comments:

  1. dig it. i think i'll do this in a coupla months. how long did it take to select your books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My booklovers' website gave me a book challenge. Are you on Goodreads.com? I love it! If you end up on there, let me know and we can be book buddies!
    I just decided to try reading a specific genre--one i don't write and is fairly unfamiliar to me. It's also a very wide genre, and all 4 of these books are so different. HOWEVER! I must read ten of them. this is just the beginning. If you have any recommendations--look at the guidelines and send them along!

    ReplyDelete