Monday, July 5, 2010

My Mom Says it's STiLL my Birthday.

The best part about having an ex-pat birthday, of course, is that it lasts until the sun goes down in the last place it is your bday--be it home or your residence. I woke up at 12am July 1st, (Korea time) and celebrated until well after July 1st, PST. (sorry mom, It had to be done)
Over polite conversation and after-dinner beers, we wondered...is it STILL my birthday? I decided--drunken logic--if my mom were still asleep, then it was definitely still my birthday.

So, On the morning of July 2nd, PST, I drunk dialed my mom from Liam's Iphone using Skype.
She picked up.
I asked her, "Are you still sleeping?"
"Happy Birthday."
"Hey...Hey you guys...my mom says it's still my birthday."
(dirty jokes and comments are whirling around me...does she notice. If she does, she's pretending no to...)
Mom..Mommm… hey hi I can’t hear you…oh that’s nice…I’m not wearing any underwear…no…yes…no It’s fine…I can’t hear you it’s loud and I’m drunk. I love you good byeeeeeeeee….. ”

Or at least that’s sounds about right.

I will post more pictures when I get them.
Here's me & Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment